Issues Addressed: Building owners and property managers occasionally require a broad range of restoration services that go beyond simply re-painting, spall repair, waterproofing and basic carpentry. In this type of situation, the experience and skills of a professional General Contractor can prove to be highly valuable. A highly knowledgeable General Contractor can provide timely and cost-effective project management, sub-contractor selection and ultimate savings for the client.
Being a general contractor requires knowledge of running a business and often starts by gaining in-the-field experience as a construction worker. Kawika’s Founder and President, David Dunham, started as a field worker, carpenter apprentice, mason tender, and painter helper while simultaneously securing a degree and attending apprentice classes. Over the past 30 years, he has acquired necessary management skills to both successfully operate Kawika’s and manage complex and routine General Contractor projects.
Kawika’s works hand in hand with building owners and property managers along with their support team to provide a total one-stop solution for building improvement. The comprehensive range of General Contracting services provided by Kawika’s includes:
- Communication with architects, construction technologists, engineers and specification writers to review key documents and develop a thorough understanding of the project and its requirements
- Generation of a quote spelling out the recommended solution, implementation work plan & process, its timing and its cost.
- Full project implementation
- Hiring and managing all specialized sub-contractors as required
- Ensuring all material and cost specifications are met
- Managing the project budget and timetable
- Assuring all applicable warranties are provided
The Kawika’s Difference:
As a General Contractor, Kawika’s offers clients the following capabilities:
- Established and pre-screened network of construction industry alliances, sub-contractors and other business partners (i.e., insurance providers, CPA, attorneys, bankers, etc.)
- Skills in motivating and managing sub-contractors to work together effectively
- Knowledge of up-to-date construction technologies
- Access to Kawika’s own highly trained and experienced workforce
- Multi-license capabilities (general contracting, painting, spall repair, roof coating, waterproofing, carpentry)
Key Customer Benefits:
Simplify both your project planning and management on your next building restoration. With Kawika’s multi-service and multi-licensed contracting capabilities, you’ll find our comprehensive process provides greater accountability with less hassles and greater satisfaction for you.